Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: How do you all take it?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Brewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just sitting here wondering, how do you all take it? I don`t know about you but I can`t find anyone with in 100 miles that has the interist in film that I do. In fact if I tell anyone here in Mi. what my ideas are, I get laughed at. And I`ve tried everything. Talk about fustrated.

    Does anyone know of any clubs or groups in the Northern hemisphere of the U.S. or even in Canada?

    Thanx,
    Brewski

    ------------------
    I`LL SLEEP WHEN I`M DEAD

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Brewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, I didn`t mean to post this twice.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member soulfilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2000
    Posts
    838
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    there's almost always film societies even in the most remote of towns. but then again, you could start your own film society.

    i think most people turn to the internet to get their ideas heard. on the nameless/faceless side, it doesn't matter if you're a 3 legged duck, you still get (initially) the same treatment as anyone else.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well Sir, you found this nice message board, so you're moving up. Search around some more. I'm sure you'll find some people around your neighborhood or you town who like films. These people are rpobably looking for someone like you also.

    And that's my inspirational advice for the day. Take care.

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Brewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Soutern Cal. are you crazy? I lived out in the west for 10 years. HollyWierd lives up to it`s name believe me. You couldn`t pay me to go out there again.

    Now I don`t mean to complane but have you ever heard of the word "Hill Billy", it means Michigan Farmer. Need I say more. And then you have the folks at Notre Dame. You would think that you could find someone ther but those people have there noses so far up there arse`s...
    Oh hell I`m about two inch`s away from taking a slug hammer to the camera the iMac and the lot of it!
    Arrghh,
    Brewski

    ------------------
    I`LL SLEEP WHEN I`M DEAD

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Brewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, you are right LAmind,I did find this board, but God it`s slow going. I`ve been trying to get something of the ground for the past two years. That`s when I found this board. That same year i got an 8mm Video cam. This year I aquired the iMac. Things are looking better as far as equipment but you can only film ducks and deer so many times!!!!

    The Brewski

    ------------------
    I`LL SLEEP WHEN I`M DEAD

  7. #7
    Inactive Member soulfilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2000
    Posts
    838
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    so film friends, family, stick your camera in the corner of your living room, stick some gaffa tape ( haha the influence of CHance) and see what you come up with.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Brewski, FYI, I've been playing the game for some ten years. Done a few shorts etc., but yet to get funding for my all-encompassing gothic-horror space-opera.

    I can edit MPEG2 broadcast quality at home tho', and keep myself oiled by using my DVcam.

    Stay focus-ed, as a certain other member of this board may say.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member This bloody weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2000
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    if I was in your shoes I'd be in Southern California by now...what I'd do for a greencard...


  10. #10
    Inactive Member tashunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2000
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So why not turn your source of frustration into a source of motivation!!!
    Make a documentary about how hard it is to be a filmmaker in your situation. Or make a docu about the stuck up assholes in university that think they are so much better than everyone else. What kinda stuff are you interested in???
    Do some experimental stuff where you don't need a tonne of people and sets and what not...
    The internet is the most amazing place to get the support you need. I'm sure without I would have probably lost interest a while ago. It's very hard to find people to do stuff with unless you live in major centers.

    good luck and happy shooting.
    tash.

    ------------------
    slurpee+movie=fun

    NaMeFoRSOCkS

    Indie Film North A community of low budget filmmakers, specializing in north of the 49th.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •